Ever have an idea for a page or photos but you just can’t find matching paper? Ever want to create a special card in your favorite colors or to match an embellishment? Did you know you can make your own background paper and cardstock using CTMH stamps and ink?
This months CTMH Spotlight Blog Hop features the background stamping technique. Take some white daisy or colonial white cardstock, your favorite CTMH stamps and CTMH ink and go to town! You can even use colored cardstock for a tone-on-tone look.
Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, sit back and join us on a journey of amazing things you can do with this stamp set. This month, seven CTMH Consultants are joining in on the fun…that’s a LOT of ideas that YOU can take and duplicate with this fun stamp set. If you arrived here from Toni's blog, you’re on the right path.
In my project, I wanted to create patterned paper in specific favorite colors for monogram cards I was making as gifts. I random stamped white daisy cardstock with a favorite retired CTMH stamp set, Rustic Flowers. I love this stamp set and I will never stop using it as it is so versatile. I even still have a few new sets if you are interested! I stamped using CTMH inks Barn Red, Sweet Leaf and Blush. I cut up the newly created patterned paper and created this card. I stamped the "J" using our soon-to-retire Monogram stamps.
On my next card, I did the same thing - random stamping using the Rustic Flower set, but I used different colors - Watermelon, Clover Green and Hydrangea - for a totally new look. All these colors will be retiring after this year so now is the time to stock up. I stamped the "L" monogram with Hydrangea using CTMH Baroque Alphabet stamp set. Again, the same card sketch was used.
So pull out your stamps and make some backgrounds! You can use them to make custom paper to match your photos, or to make that perfect card. It's a lot of fun!
***
Are you inspired by this blog? One of the ways you can help support this blog is by ordering your Close To My Heart products through me. Just shoot me an email me at clauskr@gmail.com. To the left is a paypal link to order your own copy of the latest CTMH Idea Book & Catalog. Below that is a link to the online version of the Idea Books & Catalog.
***
Now… ”hop” on over to my friend Wendy's blog to see what she’s created.



They are both pretty! I love how changing the color of ink can really change the feel or mood of a project.
ReplyDeleteLove them! They're great!!
ReplyDeleteSuch pretty colors.
ReplyDeleteWonderful job on the random stamping, & I love the colors you chose.
ReplyDeleteHey, Karen! I love your cards! Great way to promote the retiring colors--I'm going to miss Watermelon! Love my pinks!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty flowers!!
ReplyDelete