About me

My photo
SE Texas, United States
Quilter, Sewer, Paper Artist, Stamper, Mom, Wife - Does the rest really matter?

Friday, March 5, 2010

Remember that dog?

I've got to say that I had the worse night last night -- my rescue dog, Bruno (the cute one on the pink bag?), was seriously misbehaving!   I am prepping for the Houston SBS event that is on Saturday.  Have a million things to do last night - bake cupcakes, finalize details, go to Hobby Lobby, etc. etc.   But I've been trying to be more mindful of the dogs and take them on a walk as soon as I get home from work since it is finally still light outside.   Do you think I'm rewarded for that with beautifully behaved dogs?   Hell, no!  (well, in all fairness, Max and Deuce were well behaved).   First, I'm trying to get the computer to work (internet down again) and I keep hearing something in the kitchen.  So I go look.   Bruno decided he wanted to play with the water bowl and dumped what I thought was only about 4" of water all over the kitchen, dining area and front of living room.   Crap!  I didn't know there was that much water in there!    So I cleaned that up and went to Hobby Lobby to get some last minute items.  Then I made my cupcake batter.   Lindsey had been nice to grocery shop and get my mixes and cupcake liners.  So I got ready to bake them and, alas, no frigin' cupcake pans!!!  (I did have a vague memory of throwing them out a while ago b/c they had gotten grungy.)  And, crap, I just drove past Walmart to go to Hobby Lobby!    So I look at Bruno and decide I need to protect my cupcake batter -- he might decide he needs to taste it so I'm putting it where he can't get to it and dash up to Target to get cupcake pans.  In my haste, I failed to close the pantry.  I come home to chip bags, crackers and cereal spread all over the dining area (if he had done this first and then the water, at least it would be cleaner).  Hilariously, one of the chip bags was the "Flaming Hot Onion Rings".   Sorry, sucker!!  You are not going to know what hit you tomorrow!!  Owww!

No comments:

Post a Comment