About me

My photo
SE Texas, United States
Quilter, Sewer, Paper Artist, Stamper, Mom, Wife - Does the rest really matter?

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm A Quilter!

So excited!   I have been wanting to learn to quilt for a while and had the opportunity this weekend to spend some time with some ladies who were die-hard quilters.   They were so absolutely sweet and helped me out -- everything from suggesting a quilt kit to how-to instructions to laughing with me during my frustrations and applauding my efforts when I actually finished my quilt top!!!   Yeah!

Now, it is far from perfect and I really need to work on my accuracy in both cutting and sewing those 1/4" seams, but I'm very pleased with my first attempt.  Now I just need to work on the back and get it quilted.


I'm ready to start on my next quilt project!   Well, first I think I need to buy a decent sewing machine and some tools.  And a quilt room would be cool!    Good thing those kids are moving out in a few months!

Please let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. oh, my. Now you have really gone over to the dark side!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I think its wonderful! Getting one finished feels so good til you realize that putting the back on and adding the edge is the hard part. LOL! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You HAVE to teach me how. That's one of those things that I've always wanted to learn to do but didn't when I was younger and had the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete